School Nutrition Programs Grant Opportunities
This page is dedicated to assisting sponsors with grant opportunities for their school nutrition programs.
NSLP Equipment Grants
The NSLP Equipment grant is a competitive award for local educational agencies and schools to purchase equipment, with a value greater than $1,000 but less than $50,000. The purpose is to provide equipment:
- needed to serve healthier meals,
- improve food safety, and
- to help support the establishment, maintenance, or expansion of the School Breakfast Programs.
To be considered, School Food Authorities (SFA) must follow the criteria as stated in the Request for Application (RFA) and submit a complete application according to the details in the RFA. Covid-19 Clarification:
Any SFA with a previously approved State agency agreement on file to operate the National School Lunch Program (per 7 CFR 210.9(b)), and that would otherwise be operating NSLP in SY 2020-2021, may continue to access NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants while utilizing the flexibilities granted under the current SSO Nationwide waiver.
Being awarded a previous equipment grant does not disqualify entities from applying. Preference Points will be given applications from sponsors whose schools have not been previously awarded an equipment grant.
Due Date:Complete application packets that includes the additional documentation must be submitted no later than Thursday, February 17, 2022, by 1:00 pm to
One way for you to confirm that your application packet was delivered is to go to ‘Options’ (on the menu bar at the top of emails) and check the box “Request a Delivery Receipt" box.
Equipment Grant Training Presentation via Workday
A Workday training is posted to help you with the FY 2021 NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants.Here are the details:Course Title:
Fiscal Year 2021 National School Lunch Program Equipment Assistance GrantsCourse Description:
Training for sponsors interested in submitting applications for new, renovating or purchasing equipment to serve healthier meals, improve food safety and support the establishment, maintenance or expansion of the School Breakfast Program. Mandatory or Optional?
- This course is optional.How do I enroll in the course?
- It is easy! Follow these steps:
- Create a free Oregon Workday Extended Enterprise Learner account. Tips: Make sure to create account before trying to login. Make sure to select the 'Oregon Department of Education' affiliation. (View this job aid video if you need assistance creating an account, or follow the instructions on this pdf).
- Search for course title by clicking 'browse learning content', then type “Fiscal Year 2021 National School Lunch Program Equipment Assistance Grants" in search box, select course and click 'Start Course'.
Please note: If you have a Workday account through your school district or organization, you will need tom create a separate ODE Extended Enterprise Learner account. You will only be able to complete ODE courses through Workday Oregon
Forgot your password? View this job aid for the 'Forgot Password Self-Serve Process for Extended Enterprise Learners'
For additional information or questions, contact the Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs by Email ODE.SchoolNutrition@ode.oregon.gov
or Phone: 503-947-5894.