here to receive announcements!
In 2015, the Oregon Legislature enacted House Bill 2016, which directed the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) to develop and implement a statewide education plan for African American/Black students who are in early childhood through post-secondary education programs, and convene an advisory group to advise the Department on the creation and implementation of the plan. Implementation of the plan includes awarding grants to early learning hubs, providers of early learning services, school districts, post-secondary institutions of education, and community-based organizations.
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021-2023 African American/Black Student Success Plan (AABSS) grants.
- Airway Science for Kids, Inc.
- African Youth and Community Organization (AYCO)
- Black Parent Initiative (BPI)
- Coalition of Black Men (COBM)
- Center for African Immigrants and Refugees Organization (CAIRO)
- Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO)
- Lane Education Service District
- Multnomah Education Service District
- Oregon State University (OSU)
- Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc. (POIC)
- Self Enhancement, Inc. (SEI)
- Southern Oregon Education Service District
- Washington County
For more information and contacts for the grantees, please visit our Directory page.
For our external evaluator's (NPC) report of the 2019-2021 Grantees, please see this document.