Below are links to the Oregon ESSER III (ARP ESSER) District Plans. Please note the following:
- All school districts were required to submit plans for estimated expenditures for Year 1 of the ESSER III funding.
- Year 1 is unique because the ESSER III law allows districts to expend funds prior to award. Spending is allowed from March of 2020. Therefore, our definition of Year 1 is March of 2020 through the beginning of the 2022 school year.
- ODE will allow districts to formally update their Plans on a set schedule that has not yet been determined. Districts do not need to ask for permission to change the way they spend their ESSER III dollars in the meantime, as long as the expenditures are allowable under the law. Please see the
ESSER III Eligible Uses of Funds document for the full list of eligible uses.
- ODE will be reviewing and monitoring the plans to ensure compliance with the ESSER III law. However, districts do
not need to have approval of their plans from ODE in order to continue to spend the funds, with the exception of Capital Expenditures.
- Districts must have ODE approval before expending ESSER III funds on Capital Expenditures. Capital Expenditures are defined as expenditures that:
- have a useful life of more than one year; and
- cost greater than $5,000.
- The Capital Expenditures Approval Form can be found on the
ODE ESSER III webpage under the "Capital Expenditure Approval" heading.
- Districts must also have school board approval for Capital Expenditures over $25,000. More information about that policy can be found in
- USED has not yet communicated with states the final data collection requirements for ESSER III.
More information about the instructions and requirements for the ESSER III District Plans can be found on the District Supplemental Plans webpage.
Questions about the ESSER III District Plans can be submitted to the