Water Quality Permits

Current 1200-Z Stormwater Discharge General Permit

The Environmental Quality Commission adopted the renewed 1200-Z Industrial Stormwater Discharge General Permit dated March 25, 2021. This permit will be in effect July 1, 2021. This permit regulates stormwater discharges from industrial facilities that may reach Oregon waterways, directly or through conveyance system such as ditches or storm drains.

DEQ initiated a rulemaking in April 2019 to renew the 1200-Z permit.

To learn more please visit the 1200-Z Industrial Stormwater Discharge Permit Renewal rulemaking page


Status of the 1200-A Stormwater Permit

On Dec. 3, 2017, Oregon's 1200-A general permit for the discharge of stormwater associated with sand and gravel mining activities expired. DEQ is actively researching best practices for managing the discharge of stormwater from facilities covered under the 1200-A permit, and does not have a timeline for issuing the renewed permit. Check back here or sign up for the 1200-A Stormwater Newsletter for the latest information.


NPDES Industrial Stormwater Discharge Permit


Please see Table 70G for application and annual fees. Activity and other fees may apply.

Permit supporting documents (expired)

Permit requirements remain in effect for existing facilities operating under an expired permit until the permit registrant is notified of permit renewal.

Subscribe here to receive information about the 1200-A mining and 1200-Z industrial general stormwater permits. Newsletters include compliance tips, deadline reminders, permit renewal public meeting notices and frequently asked questions.

green envelope icon Sign up for the 1200-A Stormwater Newsletter

green envelope icon Sign up for the Western Region 1200-Z Stormwater Newsletter

green envelope icon Sign up for the Eastern Region 1200-Z Stormwater Newsletter

green envelope icon Sign up for the Northwest Region 1200-Z Stormwater Newsletter

The public is able to review and comment on permit applications that are currently available.



For more information, contact your local DEQ office or permit agent.

Electronic SWPCP submittal

Northwest Region

Western Region

Eastern Region