Oregon Math Leaders Network is a community of math practitioners who work together to implement and support math teaching and learning in Oregon. Participants include teacher leaders, TOSAs, program administrators, college faculty, and math community partners. If you identify as a math leader, you are! We support each other personally and professionally by asking critical questions, collaborating on problems of practice, and sharing our work.
Because this network spans the state, the topics of our collaboration will generally be driven by district needs. Examples of such activities include:
- Professional learning opportunities, for both teachers and administrators.
- Curating and sharing promising resources and effective strategies.
- Support for evaluation and implementation of instructional materials.
- Support for building-level activities such as lesson study groups and one-on-one discussions.
- Networking with other math leaders across Oregon.
For the 2020-21 school year, the network plans to meet virtually on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
In addition to the monthly meetings, the Network will have the opportunity to participate in occasional “special events” such as professional learning opportunities and guest speakers. Opportunities to register for these special events will be advertised through the Oregon Math Leaders Network as well as the Oregon Math Educator Update newsletter.