The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 requires the consideration of transition needs for students beginning not later than the first IEP to be in effect when the student is 16, and updated annually thereafter. Transition services are an integral part of the student's education plan and are designed to meet their unique needs and prepare them for further education, employment, and independent living.
- State and national resources providing specific information to assist in the transition of students with disabilities from school to work or to higher education
Transition Community Network
- Very helpful website providing information and resources for Transition Specialists and Special Education Teachers to help them support their students.
- Foster care, Transfer of Rights at Age of Majority, Notice of Transfer, and Notice of Proposed Transfer.
Post School Outcomes
- PSO materials includes a list of materials and the capability of being searched
- State and national resources providing specific information on programs and agencies dealing with transition issues