Sign-up to receive announcements and new resources!
Strengthening Mental Health in Education: Promoting the Social and Emotional Well-being of Oregon Students, Staff and Leaders (SMHiE) Initiative represents a collaborative effort between the Oregon Department of Education (ODE), the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), and the Coalition of Oregon School Administrators (COSA) with the support of the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).
This collective effort is designed to ensure that Oregon’s students, families and school staff have full access to the culturally responsive, linguistically-attuned resources needed to promote and support their mental health and well-being.
This project has 5 primary objectives goals that include:
- Developing an intra-agency model of mental health (IMMEH).
- Conducting state-wide, school-based health/mental health resource, legislative and investment mapping, and SWOT analysis.
- Creating a collaborative ODE-OHA legislative blueprint.
- Defining a strengths-focused evaluation strategy that promotes evaluation for learning and systems change.
- Envisioning a plan for educational systems change that centers on the health and well-being of school communities.
Fulfillment of these goals will include significant engagement with students, families, school staff and leaders, professional organizations and community partners. If you are interested in participating, please email Dr. B Grace Bullock, Project Director.
Mental Health and Well-being Home Page