HB 4124, passed in the 2022 legislative session, requires ODE to conduct a survey of academic assessments administered by school districts in the state of Oregon. This survey is known as the District Assessment Inventory. HB 4124 also directs ODE to develop a set of best practices and recommendations based on information collected in the District Assessment Inventory. ODE will present its findings, as well as the best practices and recommendations resource, to the State Board of Education and the Oregon Legislature.
- October 2023 – January 2024: Districts collect and enter data in their inventory forms.
- 1/26/24 Districts complete Inventory forms by 5:00 pm.
- January 2024 – April 2024: ODE analyzes data and develops best practices and recommendations resources
- 5/1/24: ODE presents a report to the State Board of Education and the Oregon Legislature.
- This optional worksheet may be useful when gathering or consolidating information about a given assessment. It can be completed digitally or printed out and completed by hand.
If you have questions about the District Assessment Inventory or need assistance (including accessibility needs regarding the Inventory form), please contact the ODE District Assessment Inventory team