The Boardman to Hemingway Transmission Line is an approved, not yet constructed, facility that includes an ASC approved route approximately 270.8-mile-long single-circuit 500-kV electric transmission line that crosses five counties in Oregon, Morrow, Umatilla, Union, Baker, and Malheur counties. The approved facility also includes four ASC alternative routes of approximately 33.3 miles of transmission line. The RFA1 approved routes include four alternative 500-kV transmission line routes equaling approximately 8.8 miles. The approved facility also includes roads, communication stations, the Longhorn Station, and temporary construction areas.
Under review/Approved. On September 27, 2022, Council approved the Final Order on ASC and issued a site certificate for the facility. On September 22, 2023, Council approved the Final Order on RFA1 and issued the first amended site certificate. The approved but not yet constructed facility has a construction commencement deadline of October 6, 2026.
On June 30, 2023, the Department received a Preliminary Request for Amendment 2 (pRFA2) to the Boardman to Hemingway Transmission Line Site Certificate from the certificate holder. On December 15, 2023, in response to the ongoing review of pRFA2, the certificate holder submitted an updated pRFA2 which is provided below on the Timeline. pRFA2 seeks Council approval to:
- Add micrositing areas to allow siting of previously approved facility components in new locations The proposed micrositing area additions include approximately 40.2 miles of 500-kV transmission line alternatives in each of the five affected counties, 47 miles of new or substantially modified access roads, and the addition of temporary construction work area alternatives.
- Expand the site boundary for portions of the facility, and separate the definition of micrositing areas and the site boundary. The micrositing areas are more narrow areas that are evaluated that, if approved, would be where facility components could be located.
- Amend specific site certificate conditions.
- Add a Midline Capacitor Station within the previously approved site boundary/micrositing area, and adjacent to an existing substation in Union County.
- Redefine the widths for temporary roads.
Morrow, Umatilla, Union, Baker, Malheur, Owyhee (Idaho) counties.
Idaho Power Company
|Applicant/Certificate holder contact: