SECC Boot Camp Training
Office of Student Services Data Team offers two one-day trainings for new District and ESD staff responsible for reporting special education data. This in-depth training covers December Special Education Child Count, June Special Education Exit, Special Education Child Find (Indicator 11), and an overview of the Special Education System Performance and Improvement (SPR&I) process.
The purpose of these trainings is to familiarize new staff responsible for submitting SECC, June Exit and Child Find data with: the data to be reported, how to report the data, how the data are used, common problem areas and the need for accurate and timely data submission.
Boot Camp is a full-day training held in late September or early October. Each training session is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in room 251A/B at the Oregon Department of Education, 255 Capitol Street NE, Salem OR 97310. Due to the training content, slots are limited and registration is required. New staff will take priority.
The Boot Camp dates for 2019 are September 27 and October 9.
Fall Regional Training Sessions
Regional trainings outline collection updates and respond to District and ESD questions.
Office of Student Services Data Team offers two half day sessions, which will encompass SECC/Child Find/IDEA Data Manager, and an optional Hands-on Deep Dive.
Five Regional Training sessions will be offered:
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019 - Pendleton, InterMountain ESD (space limited to 50 participants)
- Friday, Oct. 18, 2019 - Redmond, Redmond School District (space limited to 50 participants)
- Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019 - Albany, Linn-Benton-Lincoln ESD (space limited to 75 participants)
- Friday, Oct. 25, 2019 - Roseburg, Douglas ESD/Public Library (space limited to 60 participants)
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019 - Clackamas, Clackamas ESD (space limited to 60 participants)
Morning Session will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This
half-day session will outline collection updates for December Child
Count, June Exit and Child Find, and collections housed in IDEA Data
Afternoon Session will be held from 1:15 to 2:30 p.m. This
will be an optional session for attendees, which will be a deeper dive
into topics tailored to the audience, such as IDEA Data Manager,
Consolidated Collections, etc. as well as responding to staff questions.
SECC Video Training Sessions
All sessions are from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Connection information will be available on the ODE Video Training webpage. Video training session dates are currently tentative and will be finalized at a later date.
- November 5, 2019: SECC/Child Find
- TBD: Spring collections – June Special Education Exit, Special Education Child Find (Indicator 11) and Post School Outcomes
A video and presentation materials will be available on the Video Training webpage prior to the webinar. Afterwards a recording will is posted within a week.