The AI/AN State Advisory Committee on Indian Education was created to advise the Oregon Department of Education on educational matters affecting American Indian and Alaska Natives, with a focus on the following priorities:
- American Indian Student Success Outcomes
- Graduation, achievement, attendance, discipline
- Diversity educator advancement and workforce development
- School, district, community, tribal development and engagement
- Professional development
- Curriculum and instructions
The AI/AN committee will provide guidance, input, advocacy, and recommendations on policy, rules, and legislation related to Indian Education. They will recommend goals and measurable objectives for the American Indian/Alaska Native Student Success Plan to implement by the Oregon Department of Education.