Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Special Provisions

Sponsors/LEAs operating under the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP) have special certification and reimbursement alternatives available known as Special Provisions. Under these provisions, eligible sponsors and schools apply to the state agency for approval. Schools with a very high percentage of children eligible for free and reduced price meals are most likely to benefit from these provisions.

School Nutrition Program (SNP) Training

Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)

Schools that adopt CEP are reimbursed using a formula based on the percentage of students who are normally certified for free school meals without an application, such as students who participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Foster, Migrant Education, or McKinney-Vento eligible students.

​ODE CNP is taking a more streamlined approach to data collection in an effort to reduce the burden on school/school districts. 

The streamlined approach will consist of program Sponsors submitting primary source documents to ODE CNP. The state agency will conduct the matching process and return a file to the Sponsor for review and final validation. A link to detailed step-by-step instructions are linked below under "Getting Started with CEP".

Sponsors who currently have CEP agreements or intend to go through the CEP election process are encouraged to complete the online survey form as soon as possible.

CEP Annual Evaluation Survey Form​
Current Eligible Participants:

Current List of Approved CEP Sponsors 
Current List of Approved CEP Sites 

End of Cycle Notification:
These Schools are in the last year of their approved CEP agreement. A new CEP Application will be required to continue CEP.

Schools ending CEP effecti​ve June 30 of current SY​​​​​

Eligibility Notification:
Notification data is for informational purposes and does not confer eligibility. Proxy data are not fully reflective of the total number of identified students.

Sponsors Eligible for CEP in School Year 2023-24 
Schools Eligible for C​EP in School Year 2023-24 

Student Success Act CEP Incentive (CEPI)

Schools participating in CEP may also participate in Oregon's CEP Incentive Program. The Oregon CEP Incentive will supplement the federal free reimbursement rate up to 90%. The remaining 10% will be reimbursed at the federal paid rate.
An example of this is if a sponsor's ISP is calculated at 43%. Its claiming percentage at the free rate is 68.8% (1.6 x 43%). CEPI will provide an additional 21.2% state-funded meal reimbursement to reach the 90% equivalent to the federal free rate. The remaining 10% will be reimbursed at the federal paid rate.


CEP Election Due Date: June 30, 2023

Sponsors that are interested in pursuing CEP must complete the steps outlined in the CEP Data Collection Instructions. 

Provision 2

Provision 2 allows school(s) to serve meals to participating children at no charge, reduces application burdens to once every 4 years, and simplifies meal counting and claiming procedures by allowing a school to receive meal reimbursement based on base year claiming percentages.

Sponsors must submit a completed Provision 2 Sponsor Participation Agreement to for approval.  Sponsors will distribute base year parent notification letters and collect Confidential Family Application for Free and Reduced Meals.​​